With Thanksgiving this week, and Christmas just around the corner; vacation travel may be on the horizon for you. I’m giving you my top 3 key essential items to pack for your holiday travel.
#1: White pants. Nope! I DO NOT follow the saying ‘no white after labor day’. In fact I say wear white ALL the TIME! It gives your outfit such a crisp look, taking your style up a step keeping things very chic, very cool, very European. Find yourself durable white denim, meaning one that can with stand all the walking and traveling you might be doing on your trip. It pairs with everything, is easily worn by everyone, and believe me, people will tae notice and how you dared to wear white! It’s a good thing!
#2: Hat. I find that traveling with a hat comes in very handy. This straw hat not only finishes off my look as stylish and fashion forward, but it also comes in handy while traveling on the plane. It gives me and extra-protected shield covering my face from that blaring above head air conditioner, with a tad bit more of privacy from the passenger around me. Whether it be a fedora hat, beanie, or baseball cap, find the extra room to pack some head gear and give your look the perfect accessory.
#3: A tote. While I’m liking the backpack trend that’s been going on for a few years now, I always resort to and suggest my number one bag for travel; the tote. It’s versatility, and durability can withstand any type of travel, is easily accessible, and can carry a ton load of stuff as you pick up souvenirs along the way! It also allows me to pack my smaller purses and cross bodies inside all in one place. Stick with a fabric that is durable or go for a real leather tote, which will be luxurious and will last for years to come.
Safe and Happy travels!
The open shoulder, peephole arm look has been an old trend, but still continues to hang around. Some might be over it, some may not like it, but I’m a fan of this trend for so many reasons, so here’s my top 3.
1. It suits all ages. From fashion forward girls, to more mature conservative ladies, this look is great for everyone, I mean everyone. There are so many variations of this trend, creating many different looks in so many different forms.
2. Looking good. If you’re like me, my underarm and triceps area doesn’t get as much love on gym days resulting in me being very self-conscious about that part of my body. The draping fabric on this trend fixes that problem flawlessly. It covers that unwanted arm fat that we all dread when taking a picture from the side, making our arms slender and elongated from the peephole of skin.
3. Fashion fix. This is a very beginner friendly fashion forward style; meaning if you’re looking to amp up your fashion looks this is a great trend to start with. Its pretty much fool proof, requires no fuss and adjustment, and looks good on every one!
Shop Dress: www.tobi.com
Summer is in full swing. Which means vacations, little mini vacation or even a staycation. If there’s one thing you need to pack with you, it’s a romper. I love this piece for two reasons. It’s extremely comfortable (dependent on the fit; I’ve posted previously about how to find the right romper for you) and it is easy to pack. This romper from tobi, is super cute, affordable, and I just love all the detailing, especially the ruffled hem.
Shop my look below and head out to your summer vacation in style!
Photo credit: Chelsey Tobiason
Just because summer is in full swing doesn't mean you have to totally put away your favorite pieces from fall. Instead work in some pops of color. This top and vest totally fit the fall trend, but they are some of my favorite pieces so i will find a way to work it into this season.
White always does the trick for me. The color instantly pops making it the perfect summer color accent. It's easy to pair, and looks good on everyone! Next grab a pair of fun colored sunglasses! There are so many different fun colored lenses like blue, green, yellow and pink. This is the time to step out and have fun!
*This post is in collaboration with Tobi. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Summer is here! In comes the summer dress. I like to keep things simple, easy, fun, and most importantly affordable. Since summer for me includes activities, travel and family time, I don’t want to break the buck when it comes to adding new pieces into my wardrobe. Tobi.com is a L.A based online boutique where I found this ready for summer dress!
The cut out shoulders are on trend, which I’m totally in love with. The silhouette is girly and flirty, and very easy to wear. This dress is so cute that it can be paired with your favorite sandals during the day, then slip on your best heels for a great nighttime look.
Shop this dress and check out all the other styles Tobi has to offer! Start your summer off right with some great pieces at a great price!
Photo Credit: Chelsey Tobiason chelseytobiasonphotography.wordpress.com
So you’re looking to invest in your first designer handbag and you are feeling overwhelmed, having second thoughts and can’t get yourself to make a decision? I’m giving you 5 easy steps to help your through your decision making process.
1. Do your homework. Instagram, Pintrest, You tube stalk the item you are thinking about. I do a lot of research and thinking about a handbag before I purchase one. Know what you are investing in and see if it’s right for you. There are so many images/forums/pictures through social handles that it makes it easy.
2. Do the math. Designer handbags are quite the investment. While they may seem ridiculous to spend that kind of money to some, are they worth it to you? If the answer is yes, then how are you going to make your dream come true? The fact is that it’s your dream, your money, so it’s your decision, but don’t spend your life savings on it. Be smart.
3. Try it on. It may be intimidating to go into a fancy designer store. The sales associates can be brash, dismissive and cold, but a lot aren’t. Going to see the designer piece in person is the best way to see how it looks, feel it and try it on.
4. Sleep on it, then again, and again. I always use this rule of thumb. If there’s something I really want, I’ll think about it; a lot. I’m not a big impulse buyer so this one is easy for me. If I keep thinking about the item, lusting over it, and can’t get it off my mind, then it was meant for me. A lot of the times I usually end up forgetting or losing interest, and that’s an indication that it really isn’t for me.
5. Love it. Don’t just get a designer handbag because your friend has one or you see other people do. YOU have to love it, and designer handbags aren’t for everyone. Whether it’s a big handbag, or little handbag, it’s still an investment that you should completely love and adore!
If I could choose one clothing item to live in, it would be a Chambray shirt. From the durability, the simplicity, functionality, and comfort, the Chambray style shirt is one of my favorites. There are so many different ways your can style it. Wear it alone as a button up shirt, or layer it over your favorite basic tee. This shirt is my go to when I don’t want to think about what I should wear, while still looking put together.
This is the perfect season to wear them. Not too cold, not too hot. The heavier thickness of the denim material makes it perfect to act as a jacket, but is also breathable enough to be worn during the day. My favorite way is to pair it with some basics. I like to wear it as an over shirt which allows me to hitch it around my waist when I feel warm.
Just like picking out a pair of denim, picking out a chambray shirt can be overwhelming and confusing. They all look the same, but yet each one fits so differently. Think about how you want to wear yours. If you’re looking to layer it as a jacket, look for a thicker heavier material that gives your shirt more structure. You really can’t go wrong with a chambray shirt, there are so many good options at every price point. Linked below are some of my picks.
The one question I often ask myself is, “Has my style changed since I became a mom?” And well, the answer to that is Yes and No. In a time before kids, I was always on trend, spent most my money on the best clothing, and yes, I styled it to the tee. Fast forward 6 years later and well, let’s just say priorities set in, time is not mine, it belongs to my kids now, and quite frankly, my style has evolved from 10 years past and yes, being a mom has changed that....a bit.
Just because you are a mom doesn’t mean you have to lose your identity and not dress the way you want. Instead, here are a few tips to keep things classy and be that stylish mom we all want to be.
While I do agree that my style has changed, I wouldn’t say it’s changed solely because I am a mom. I think with age and time, my look and style has evolved and changed on it’s own. While motherhood gives us little time for ourselves, and priorities may be given to our kids and family, it’s also important to take care of us too. You can still be a mom and have your own style; hence that’s when we become a stylish mom!
The weather here in SoCal has finally started to warm up! Spring is officially on the horizon and with that comes time for a wardrobe edit! As I’ve mentioned before, winter is my favorite season of dress. While I’m a proclaimed girly girl and like all things pretty, I still like to keep my wardrobe pretty neutral, with hues of blues, greys and blacks. Here is a great transitional look taking you into spring, but still with fall like vibes!
This floral top immediately caught my eye in the store! I love the pop of white floral print and thinks it pairs so well with the navy blue color. It’s made in a lightweight fabric that is perfect for the day, and then can be layered at night with a jacket.
These teal pants are the perfect color pairing with this top, making it different from the standard denim look, but still keeping it pretty neutral just with a pop of color. Spring is my favorite time to incorporate colored denim or pants. Stick with ones that you are comfortable with, but don’t be afraid to try something out of your box!
I discovered these slide on mesh pumps a few months ago and have been obsessed! They give me just the right amount of coverage and warmth for my feet, but are still breathable by its mesh made material.
Spring is my time to mix things up and have fun with my wardrobe. So try something new, find your comfort level and have fun!
Shop similar looks here:
So your favorite winter coat has been on repeat for the past few months. Well now it has gotten warmer and you’re looking for something that is more weather appropriate. In comes the leather jacket. I love this casual but chic leather jacket by Lucky Brand Jeans. There are so many options from real leather, faux leather, style options and color hues.
I love the versatility of a leather jacket, it can be dressed down, dressed up and give your look a little bit of edge. It’s a look that’ll never go out of style, lasts for years and is very durable. Going with a classic black or camel colored jacket would be my recommendation, but if you feel like you want to add something a bit more, try a red leather jacket, that’ll be a statement sure to turn heads!
Linked below are some of my recommendations!