Date night alone with my husband has become far and few since we still have young kids. When it does happen I like to keep my outfit cute, comfy, and casual. Dependent on what we have planned for the date, it usually consists of dinner at out at a new or favorite restaurant, so finding something comfortable to wear is priority. I was once asked what would be my go to outfit for a date night and this is it. It includes a cute girly top, dark denim, comfortable heels, and simple classic jewelry. I don’t want to worry about fussing with my outfit or feeling self-conscious about what I’m wearing. You can make comfy look cute and flirty with these easy steps!
1. Flattering top. Choose a top that is form fitting to your body shape, but not so much to where you cant breathe or move. This top has some pleats creating a girly sophisticated look. The pattern on the neckline gives it a nice detail taking the top from boring to interesting.
2. Dark denim. I always use dark denim as my go to, especially at night. It makes me feel taller and slimmer! It’s so easy to pair with anything and makes ‘denim’ look less casual.
3. Comfortable shoes. This is probably the most difficult step for me. That’s why I always invest in ‘comfortable’ shoes and don’t just buy them for their looks. Chances are if they look good, they don’t feel good. Do your research, try them on and pick the ones that are comfortable to you.
4. Keep the jewelry simple. I think diamonds are so classic, simple, and sophisticated. I don’t want my accessories to over power my outfit, but instead compliment my look. Diamonds or delicate jewelry gives just the right amount of pop needed to complete a cute, comfy, and casual look.
The key thing to remember when trying to create this type of look is to be comfortable in what you are wearing. If you feel frumpy in your outfit, it will appear that way. With trial and error, you will find your go to look that you know will work for you. Stick to that and within time throw in something new to spice things up and keep your look updated.
Shop my picks for a great date night casual look here:
The weather here in SoCal likes to take a dip every once in awhile. Sometimes when these spring days have a bit of a chill to it, I like to mix things up and use a denim shirt as an over garment, acting like a jacket. This denim long sleeve shirt was heavily on rotation last fall, and I just couldn’t bare putting it away till next season, so I found another way to still use it, just in a different way.
I made a tie around my waist. By doing this, I take a simple sundress and make it into a different looking dress! It’s such a simple step that will change your outfit immediately. I love how this look turned out. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think? Do you have any other tips for a simple outfit change?
10 years ago I would not have been caught wearing any gold jewelry. Well, fast-forward 10 years later, my taste has changed. I now enjoy wearing gold jewelry, but after building a strong silver collection, I was worried nothing would match or go together. Well I’m here to tell you that mixing metals is OK! Here are 3 important tips to doing so the right way.
1. Pick a focal point and work around that piece. I love this necklace piece I received in my monthly subscription from Rocksbox. I chose this necklace as my focal point and used it to work around. The necklace is in a muted brass hardware that is a statement piece on its own.
2. Don’t over accessorize. Sometimes less is better. When you have a bold necklace like this one, pair simple items that will accent the key piece without clashing with each other. I wear my wedding rings everyday, which is in platinum, so I chose a simple gold cuff, gold watch, and a simple trendy leaf ring that I also received in my Rocksbox. All these pieces are subtle, simple, accenting the necklace nicely without overpowering it.
3. Lastly, choose quality pieces. I’m pleasantly surprised at the styles and quality of these pieces from Rocksbox. For $19 a month you will receive 3 trendy, quality, designer name pieces fit for your personal style. Send them back at the end on the month for new pieces, or you have the option to purchase them if you can’t let them go. This subscription box is perfect for any person who has a hard time matching your jewelry to your wardrobe. Rocksbox does it for you! I always get overwhelmed looking in the accessory department that I hardly ever buy any ‘current style’ pieces. This box gives me 3 new pieces every month! It allows my jewelry game to be trendy, current, and simple to mix and match with things I already own.
If you haven’t already signed up to join this subscription box you can do so at www.rocksbox.com. Try your first month FREE with my code samanthabannarxoxo, there’s no obligation, no shipping fees, everything is free, free, free your first month so why not give it a try! I’ve already used this month’s piece almost everyday, and can’t wait to see what’s in store for my next box!
More than just the normal denim shorts and spring top, I’m turning to bold spring spring colors to amp up my waredrobe.
Sometimes it’s easy to reach for the same favorite denim shorts every time. The versatility, the cut, the durability is just so easy to wear. Finding colored shorts in a denim texture is my new obsession. Now, I’ve turned my shorts game up a notch by turning to solid color shorts, perfect for springtime.
Still being able to match with so many different tops in my wardrobe, I found this dark navy blue shorts that I absolutely love. Paired with a bright bold soft orange top, the mixing of two bold colors makes this outfit fresh, current, and fashionable.
I’m always looking for ways to update items I already have in my closet. So finding a great pair of colored shorts is a great way to achieve a new look and amp up your everyday wear. Don't be afraid to wear bold colors, it makes a statement, exudes confidence and makes you stand out from the crowd.
Shop Similar items here:
Just because it’s spring doesn’t mean you have to wear floral prints, and spring colors all the time. Some of you may not prefer those prints, and prefer a darker color palette. This dress is the best of both styles. It keeps to a darker color palette, but with the white polka dots, it gives this dress a spring time pop, a perfect option for those looking for more than just the usual flower print dress. This dress is a great option for when you want to dress up a little but still look casual. I think the poka dot print gives the dress a fun and flirty feeling to it. I love the botton down front, which gives the dress subtle detailing. Dresses like these can be found at many affordable prices. I picked up this one from H&M last year for under $20!
Accessorizing an outfit is important as well. I would suggest everyone have a thin waist belt on hand in your wardrobe. This belt made this look more fashionable, complete, and the camel/tan color offsets the dark navy color of the dress. By adding a simple belt, you can take a seemingly boring dress into a chic complete look. I’ve been obsessed with this recent hat purchase, which gives this look another finished complement, tying in the entire look together.
Being a fan of fall time attire, I usually gravitate towards darker palettes and neutral tones. This dress gives me a great option, still keeping true to what I love, but in a way where it can be appropriate for the spring time months.