So you’re looking to invest in your first designer handbag and you are feeling overwhelmed, having second thoughts and can’t get yourself to make a decision? I’m giving you 5 easy steps to help your through your decision making process.
1. Do your homework. Instagram, Pintrest, You tube stalk the item you are thinking about. I do a lot of research and thinking about a handbag before I purchase one. Know what you are investing in and see if it’s right for you. There are so many images/forums/pictures through social handles that it makes it easy.
2. Do the math. Designer handbags are quite the investment. While they may seem ridiculous to spend that kind of money to some, are they worth it to you? If the answer is yes, then how are you going to make your dream come true? The fact is that it’s your dream, your money, so it’s your decision, but don’t spend your life savings on it. Be smart.
3. Try it on. It may be intimidating to go into a fancy designer store. The sales associates can be brash, dismissive and cold, but a lot aren’t. Going to see the designer piece in person is the best way to see how it looks, feel it and try it on.
4. Sleep on it, then again, and again. I always use this rule of thumb. If there’s something I really want, I’ll think about it; a lot. I’m not a big impulse buyer so this one is easy for me. If I keep thinking about the item, lusting over it, and can’t get it off my mind, then it was meant for me. A lot of the times I usually end up forgetting or losing interest, and that’s an indication that it really isn’t for me.
5. Love it. Don’t just get a designer handbag because your friend has one or you see other people do. YOU have to love it, and designer handbags aren’t for everyone. Whether it’s a big handbag, or little handbag, it’s still an investment that you should completely love and adore!